SOLD OUT !
We will be taking part in the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers (ARC) 2021. This rally runs from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean starting late November 2021. You are able to book individual berths for the trip, but we are also happy to work out a deal for the whole yacht. We are offering a crewed charter including racing fees, provisions and safety equipment.
You may also join us on our trip from Finland down to the Canary Islands staring late August.
The crew consists of a skipper and hostess, but as this is a 2-3 week journey, we expect the participants to have solid sailing experience. We need at least a couple of participants able to function as watch captains and take responsibility. The yacht is a Beneteau First 44.7 performance cruiser, fast but easy to sail as well as spacious and comfortable inside.
About the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers
The Atlantic Rally for Cruisers, ARC, is the longest running annual transatlantic rally, it starts on the last Sunday in November from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria and finishes in Rodney Bay, St Lucia. The 2,800 nautical mile passage on the North East tradewind is a safe and enjoyable way to sail across the Atlantic. With more than 200 boats participating in this event, the rally is characterised by a tremendous camaraderie between all those taking part. When you set of you head South West until the butter melts then turn right and point at the Caribbean with the crossing taking 15 to 18 days.
The ARC fleet of approximately 200 boats will start their Atlantic adventure on Sunday 21 November 2019 sailing directly to Saint Lucia, spending 18-21 days at sea on the classic trade wind route. The ARC offers a two week pre-departure programme, fun competition for cruising sailors, or competitive racing, and a spectacular welcome in Rodney Bay.
|Date||Preliminary details for ARC Gran Canaria – Saint Lucia Direct|
|8 Nov||ARC Office opens in Las Palmas|
|14 Nov||Last date for boat arrivals in Las Palmas|
|21 Nov||Start day!|
12:45 Racing Divisions
13:00 Cruising Divisions
|9-14 Dec||Majority of ARC boats arrive in Rodney Bay|
|17 Dec||ARC finish line closes, 12:00 local time|
|18 Dec||Prize giving ceremony|
– Professional skipper and hostess
– All racing and boat costs
– All provisioning, food and soft drinks, for the crossing
– Breafast on board before and after the race
– Safety equipment, bedding, towels etc.
– Yacht insurance during crossing
– Satellite calls and basic email
– Tracking and blog through Yellow Brick
– ARC seminars and parties in Las Palmas/Rodney Bay
– Airtickets and taxi
– Hotel nights
– Lunch, dinner etc before and after the crossing
– Other personal insurance
The price per person is 4500 Eur
Booking confirmation is 30% (1350e) and the rest (70%) is to be paid by 21 August
We may also consider chartering the whole yacht.