ARC 2024
November 2024

About the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers

We will be taking part in the ARC 2024. This rally runs from the Canary Islands to the Caribbean. The crew consists of a skipper and hostess, but as this is a 2-3 week journey, we expect the participants to have solid sailing experience. We need at least a couple of participants able to function as watch captains and take responsibility. The yacht is a Beneteau First 44.7 performance cruiser, fast but easy to sail as well as spacious and comfortable inside.

In ARC 2021, Another Brick won her Cruising division class so let’s if we can do as well in ARC 2024. In Nov-Dec 2021 our time for the crossing was 16d 17h 46m 34s.
In ARC 2024 we are aiming for 16-18 days

The Atlantic Rally for Cruisers, ARC, is the longest running annual transatlantic rally. The route is from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria to Rodney Bay, St Lucia. The 2,800 nautical mile passage on the North East tradewind is a safe and enjoyable way to sail across the Atlantic. As always, the ARC is characterised by a tremendous camaraderie between all those taking part.  When you set of you head South West until the butter melts then turn right and point at the Caribbean with the crossing taking 16 to 19 days.

The ARC fleet will start their Atlantic adventure on Sunday xx November 2024 sailing directly to Saint Lucia, spending 2-3 weeks at sea on the classic trade wind route. The ARC offers more than a week of pre-departure program, fun competition for cruising sailors, or competitive racing, and a spectacular welcome in Rodney Bay.

DateARC 2024
Gran Canaria – Saint Lucia
November TBAARC Office opens in Las Palmas
November TBALast date for boat arrivals in Las Palmas
November TBAStart day!
12:30 Multihulls
12:45 Racing Divisions
13:00 Cruising Divisions
December TBAMajority of ARC boats arrive in Rodney Bay
December TBAARC finish line closes, 12:00 local time
December TBAAward ceremony


Pricing for ARC 2024


Pricing listed as per person.

30% of the total sum (1500,00€) shall be deposited as booking confirmation. The remaining 70% (3500€) is to be paid by xx August 2024.

Price includes:

  • Professional skipper and hostess
  • All racing and boat costs
  • All provisioning, food and soft drinks, for the crossing
  • Safety equipment, bedding, towels etc.
  • Yacht insurance during crossing
  • Satellite calls and basic email
  • Tracking and blog through Yellow Brick
  • ARC seminars and parties in Las Palmas/Rodney Bay
  • You are welcome to stay on board 3 days after the crossing

Not included:

  • Air tickets and taxi
  • Hotel nights
  • Meals before and after the crossing
  • Other personal insurance
  • Any Covid related expenses